• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I (pin mod?) Volt mod my Tbred 1700+ ? (ASUS board here)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
The title basically says it - I asked this in the wrong part of the forums about a month ago and didn't really get my answer... basically my current Vcore cap (on my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe) is 1.75v. I want to pin mod my 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C 0319 to 'set' it's stock Vcore as 1.6 (or preferabbly 1.65 if possible) volts instead of 1.5 - tricking my motherboard into allowing me to raise the Vcore all the way up to 1.85 volts (or preferabbly 1.9 if possible)instead of the current (pathetic ;)) 1.75 volts.

Thanks a lot - diagrams or links to diagrams of which pins to connect with the copper wire are greatly appreciated.

You rock james :) see you on NGEMU :) (I have been away on vacation for 5 1/2 weeks!!!!!!)

I am now aiming for 205 x 12 on my crappy air (currently at 205 x 11.5). :) Wish me luck!

EDIT: just saw your new chip in your sig - congrats man, that is a wicked OC!

I need to try and volt mod my motherboard to allow for a nice and high stable FSB :) 205 is my current breaking point.

I shoulda bought a nice Abit NF7 instead of this ASUS one which needs all of these danged mods.

Are you liking that 1700 more than your old 1800?

Damn - they are talking about T-Bred A's in that thread... I dunno if the same pins are used for B's. I tried doing another search but I get a

"The search function has been disabled by the administration"
message...

Any more suggestions anyone?

EDIT: I should clarify - The thread covers B's with a default VCore of 1.6, but doesn't seem to mention B's with a default of 1.5 like mine - I am unsure of whether the same pins are to be connected as the 1.5 default A's initially mentioned in the article (the first two diagrams are for 1.5 A's) on my 1.5 default B.

Last edited:
Don't feel too bad about your 1.75v cap.
Mine is at 1.65v. :eek:

But still, this chip will do nearly 2.4Ghz (190x12.5)
stable at that voltage. Can't wait to see what
she'll do once I get a "modern" board. ;)

I don't know if you have your answer yet or not, but the pins ARE the same for Tbred A and Tbred B (regardless of what your default CPU voltage is). The pictures and tables in that thread should work just fine on your Tbred B.

I got the pins in after a couple attempts (they are hard to fit!) and it worked perfectly! My new Vcore voltage cap is 1.85. Currently running stable at 200 x 12 @ 1.825 Vcore. Load Temperatures a good 3 degrees below 50 as well! :)

Thanks Edward2 for the great thread! :)

Next up is the A7N8X VDD mod and some new RAM ;)

:( I meant that he started the thread that you hooked me up with james :)

you still rock james! ;)

Back