• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ dlt3c chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

Its so nice to come home from a hard day of school to find a nice fedex package sitting on the counter when I come home. :)
Its even nicer to open that package to find out that the 1700+ I ordered has the stepping of a dlt3c chip. I also ordered 256 megs of ocz el ddr pc-3200 ram with it. :D I am only running 256 megs of ram right now, but it seems pretty decent (course I only been surfing the web :p ). Burning it in slightly just to see if it will work, and the overclock shall begin. What should I bump it up to first? 200mhz? Or 166? Probably put the voltage at 1.800.

Nice. Raise the fsb in 10mhz increments to prevent registry corruption. Get it up as high as you can. :) I don't think you'll need to raise the vcore that high. Mine did 2450mhz at 1.725v, and 2530 at 1.95v.

Tyranos...your chip is similar to mine....that last 100mhz was a beast...heh :D

Yeah :p I tried 2.6+ and it won't do it with even 2v. I backed down to 2420, because despite priming for hours on end before at 2550, now it wants to pretend its instable :\

Tyranos said:
Yeah :p I tried 2.6+ and it won't do it with even 2v. I backed down to 2420, because despite priming for hours on end before at 2550, now it wants to pretend its instable :\

Prime only for a few hours? Put that thing on prime for about a week, and that'll get that thing burnt in pretty good. I was reading some other posts about the tbred A's. Since I'm running a hair under 2ghz (still burning in/backing up data), I think I got the B. Will overclock alot tommorow once my data gets backed up.

Back