• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inofmation!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capin-neemo

Registered
more help
your posts have been awsome i have got heaps of good info .

My specs are still a little iffy seeing as im only just assembiling my new system im up garding from a

Petumum 1: 266 MMX
49Mb ram (due to falty multiplyers)
and a 1gb bigfoot harddrive

This is what i have so far:

MB: MSI™ K7N2 Delta Series
• K7N2 Delta-L (SPP+MCP2, Onboard 10/100 Lan)
• K7N2 Delta-ILSR (SPP+MCP2-T, IEEE1394, 10/100
Lan, Serial ATA RAID )

i am all so hoping to buy one of these
XP24 AMD XP 2400+retail pack 266MHz FSB2.0GHz $ 187.00 NZD

XP22 AMD XP 2200+retail pack 266MHz FSB1.78GHz $ 166.00 NZD

XP21 AMD XP 2100+retail pack 266MHz FSB1.72GHz $ 156.00 NZD

Can anyone tell me whitch of these would be the best to buy for over clocking thanx, and what type of memory should i buy for my MB the specs are at http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produ...&MODEL=MS-6570.

Thanx

Welcome to the forums!

The 2100+ is the most reliable out of the three. Good steppings have been spotted in the others, however, I'd have to say that its your best bet. Try to find PC3200 memory from reliable manufacturers, such as Corsair, Twinmos and Mushkin. Anything higher will be a waste of your money. Good luck!

If you are going to be overclocking I would go with a 2100+ of those 3.

I would go with either the Abit NF7-S or the Epox 8rda+ for your mobo however. They are the 2 best overclocking amd boards(I am partial to the Abit myself). MSI makes nice motherboards but the more I got into overclocking the more I steered away from MSI.

You may want to save a bit of money on your processor and get a 1700+ with a guaranteed stepping from http://www.excaliberpc.com as well. They OC very well. This would leave you some nice cash for a real good HS and some memory.

when buying a CPU for overclocking, always go with an OEM unless the retail is a guaranteed desirable stepping. The latter is highly unlikely to ever come across. I bought a 2100 from newegg. It's a good overclocker so far.

I can't say enough for the price, performance and features of the Epox 8RDA. It's awesome.

Just as a note guys, he's from New Zealand. I doubt that he can buy stuff from Newegg or Excal.

Also, I wouldn't fret too much about the motherboard. Both of yours are capable of a 200mhz front side bus, more than enough for just about any task.

Gautam said:
Just as a note guys, he's from New Zealand. I doubt that he can buy stuff from Newegg or Excal.

Also, I wouldn't fret too much about the motherboard. Both of yours are capable of a 200mhz front side bus, more than enough for just about any task.

Thanks for the heads up on location there.

Thanx

Thanx guys for all the help,

My dad is buying me a 2100+ or a 2300+ im not shure so ill just have to try with what i have seing as im getting it for free.:D

I am currently modding my case witch im us shure of thwe brand but its a pretty crappy standard case ill be posting pitures as i go on www.overclockers.co.nz just search for Capin--Neemo.

My case was purple so it gona be blakc with a window in the side and 2 UV cold cathodes the hole inside of the case is going to be black and im addsome kewl UV Stickers and UV fans. any way ill post more in fo and picks qwhen im done.

I could do with a bit of help with my key board mod, has anyone played with UV rweactive paint have you got and clues for me.

Thnax evreyone.

Back