• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dreaded FF post code. pl;ease advise!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
I just bought an old compaq computer from someone. Its an old compaq 5868 with an athlon slot A 600 MHZ chip and 382 megs of ram(around there, cant remember off hand). I believe it has an award bios. Anyway I took all the parts out of the computer today and put them all back in and now it give me this post code. I've tried a bunch of my old tricks but can't get this to work. I dont notice it trying to do a floppy seek or cd-rom seek either. It just goes straight to FF. Any help would be great!! How do i fix this?

I have also taken the computer down to barebones and tried that, I have torn it apart and rebuilt it, I have gone to the extent of taking out everything except for the post card, including the processor and the ram and still came up with a post code of FF. It should have posted as something else with those out but didn't. It's not even trying to look for or do anything. This is frustrating.

Back