• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

super slow boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

da-gokesta

this thread is posted here to help out a friend of mine:

Super Slow Boot
After many formats trying to figure this out ...I'm stumped
When I boot my pc, after post the screen goes black for 46 seconds then windowz begins to load. It loads at a great speed, but the 46 seconds is killing me.
Also when it posts I get 3 beeps, my User Guide says that means "Main memory read/write test error" I don't know what that means...
I have my ram set to Corsair spec's, I've also try setting it by SPD...but either of them stops the 3 beebs...
I think I have tried everything, Bootvise, disabling Legacy USB support ect...
After a format, and after I install my OS the first thing I do is install "Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V5.01.1015", then I try to install "Intel(R) Application Accelerator RAID Edition 3.5R for Windows 2000/XP" but it won't let me...I'm wondering if that has something to do with my problem...
I don't have a Raid setup, but I herd it's important to install that...
Other then the slow boot my new gear works flawlessly (mobo/Ram/CPU)
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
P.S sorry about the long post, but I wanted to outline what steps I've taken

P4 3.0 800 MHz FSB|WD 120 GB 8mb HDD (3 partions)|Fireball LM30|ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe(Intel 875P Chipset)|Corsair Twinx512-PC3200LL(2-2-3-6)|ATI All In Wonder 9700 Pro|SB Audigy Platinum|Lite-On 32X12X40|ASUS 16X DVD|Linksys BEFSR41 router (split to a Mac G3 500 PowerBook (Pismo) and P3 850 @953)|IceBox 4000 Tower|Enermax 450 watt Power Supply|XP Pro|Beer

Hi,

Your memory might be faulty - can u check with another stick of RAM?

Also did you try disbaling teh built in Netwirk Interface card?

Back