• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bilal

Registered
What parts are neccessary in order to put together a good watercooling system? Pump, resevoir, tubing, blocks, Radiator, anything else? Do these parts have to be built for water cooling, or like, can i use things i can find at teh home depot. Like for tubing and such.

Tubing you can use whatever really but certain types are better, like tygon, its designed for science labs.
Pumps, get some type of fishtank pump.
Res. whatever.
Blocks, well um.. ya pretty much has to be designed for it.
Radiator, Car Heatercores are the most popualr and some of the better preforming rads out there.
hose clamps, those can be found at home depote, those little metal scewy thingies...yep, or just zipties, you would be surprized, and I would rather use them tthan those little platic clamps some people use.

super cool! What would the configuration be? like, what would be connected to what. -i dont mean to sound like a total NooB, but i kinda am....:|

Bilal said:
super cool! What would the configuration be? like, what would be connected to what. -i dont mean to sound like a total NooB, but i kinda am....:|

Here is an article that answered many questions i had about the basics of wc'ing.

I hope to water cool myself and still have my uncertainties.

everything is conneted to the tubing..

WaterBlock --- Radiator -- pump -- (reservior) -- back to block..

some ppl put radiator after the pump so fresly cooled water hits the cpu

Uh, BTW since no one else has mentioned it. There is a watercooling specific forum that you can access from the Cooling forum.

Back