• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I killed my A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallistar

HELP! I think I killed my A7N8X Deluxe

Ok, here is what happened. I was running @ 210 x 11 with my 2100+ t-bred b. It had been running rock solid stable. So i decided to try to 215 x 11. It booted but was a lil unstable @ 215 so i went down to 211 x 11 and thats when it wouldnt boot up.

Here is what what i've tried so far:
Reset bios. Tried taking out battery.
Swapped out vidoecards
Swapped out rarm
Swapped out Processors

All of which were pulled from a working system.

Right now i have it sitting w/o the battery in it hopeing it will reset the bios.

Oh and all this time the temps never went above 50* c

hrmm.. thats werid.. if the oc was unstable normally it'll default to 100*multiplier... though you might have killed your bios when you chagned it back.. it didnt save properly and uhh your corrupted it

ya thats what im thinking, and hopefully it will reset it self, does anyone know how long i have to leave the battery out.

Probably killed the BIOS might even have been a good save, but this board does it to ya.

I had to RMA mine after the same thing. I know the RMA police will get on my back, but i didn't do anything with it that it shouldn't have done.

time to RMA and get you another one. I'm debating about buying another BIOS chip, so that'll save me some up-time

I was thinking of getting this board, but this thread has given me second thoughts, plus if I get it I will be getting it from eBay, so if anything does go wrong I can't send it back! Give me some opions please!

I personally loved the board, it’s been one of the best overclockers I've ever owned. I would still recommend this board to anyone. Although, I would go with the Rev. 2.0 board now.

(edit) Buy it from newegg and get the extended warranty

Rev 2.00 + XP 1800JIUHB = :D:D:D:D

I haven't seen it bork yet, and I have OCed quite a bit. But then I have only been running it for 3 days...

It's a very nice board. for the numbers it's just superfast. Offcourse it has it's quircks but that's the majority that you hear anyway, every now and then you hear a successtory but not too often, as this board keeps on coming, so you'll always try to get a few extra rpm's out of it! LOL

For some reason though, I feel that this board isn't too good with multitasking, when I do Mpeg-2 encoding (6 hours long) I could browse the net with no sweat on my el-cheapo Pc-chips mobo but with this one it's not that smooth.

No problem though it's a sweet board, but I follow the previous advice, get it from a good vendor, so that you can return it if something goes wrong, for 15% more, you get a lot more peace of mind

Back