• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenTiger

Tomorrow's the day... I switch from my tired old Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.85ghz to a brand-new (well, it's from January IIRC but I never got around to installing it until now) Athlon XP (EDIT: it's a 2100+) Tbred B DUT3C AIUHB CPU. I am using a Thermalright AX-7 with AS3, in an Antec 1040b case (same case as the Chieftec, etc. ones, very good case with great ventilation) on an Iwill Xp333-R with a 512mb RAM stick I have tested to 190FSB 2-2-2 timings and an R9700 Pro.

I will be using a 40cfm fan on the heatsink. The intakes and exhausts are roughly 35cfm each, plus the PSU's exhaust. I also have a slot exhaust ducted from the Radeon to exhaust its warm air so it doesn't reach the CPU. My XP333-R can go over 2 volts for the CPU, and 2.8v for the RAM (it's unmodded). What should I expect to get to using FSB-overclocking only? From what I've read, 2500mhz, which would be a great boost for my UT2003 sessions, but I wanted to check before I get myself head over heels in excitement for tomorrow :). Thanks for sharing any experiences with this chip anyone has had!

Last edited:
What pr rating is it? :p If its a 2100, you could probably get 2.5 with very good cooling. If its something else, then maybe 2.3 or ... ?

Hi. Do not expect 2.5, expect 2.3. The forums are filled with disappointed people who unrealisticly expected 2.5.

2.4 and up is luck and other components.

My first generation 2100+ T-Bred B hit 208 FSB and around 2.3 GHZ.

That's what you can expect with nForce2 mobo.

No PCI lock on your mobo will mean 18x FSB.

Prime95 Torture test the thing for at least 12 hours for no errors.

Good luck!

OMG, I can't believe I forgot the PR rating in all of that! It is a 2100+ rating :). Thanks for the reply!

C627627: The motherboard has a 1/6 divisor, so if the chip can handle 200FSB I will be able to run at that.

No you didn't it's in your sig.

/6 all right! 210 FSB would not be unrealistic then.

c627627 said:
No you didn't it's in your sig.

/6 all right! 210 FSB would not be unrealistic at all then.

Heh, I forgot it in the original post, however :). Thanks again for your reply... I can't wait till tomorrow, wish it would just come already. I'm going to bed around midnight so I can get up for work tomorrow, so I can't put it in tonight :(.

Take it easy. You'll gradually need 1.8 volts Vcore.

Back