• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+, weird multiplier problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
squeakygeek said:
I can run 200*11.5 (2.3ghz), and I can run 229*9 (much lower), but when I try to run 229*10 (2.29 ghz), It runs at the default speed of 1100 mhz. Any ideas?:(

i have to same problem here... and i still fail to solve it. Anyone can help? i am now using a 1700+ DLT3C 0322XPMW. i am sure it is fully unlocked. And i tried 3716 and 3609. Both same. i can boot normally with 200x10 or 200x10.5, but when i go for higher FSB, like 210x10 and 210x10.5, it wil then boot at 1100 speed which is kinda annoying. Help!!! :mad:

Same problem here. Anything above 203FSB disables the use of th 10x and 10.5 multipliers. I posted about this a while back and I still haven't found a solution.

I had the some problem with my set up I a have got a 8rda3+ and a XP1800+
I wood run fine @ 11.5x200 fine but when I put it to 10x or 9.5 it wood not run any higher than 200FSB
But I have just updated the bios to the 8RD33827 and it is working fine now @ 10.5X220
For you guys running the 8rda+ have a look at the 8RDA3827(8/27/03) to see if it will fix your problems
If you can not fine it go
Here

Nutter said:
I had the some problem with my set up I a have got a 8rda3+ and a XP1800+
I wood run fine @ 11.5x200 fine but when I put it to 10x or 9.5 it wood not run any higher than 200FSB
But I have just updated the bios to the 8RD33827 and it is working fine now @ 10.5X220
For you guys running the 8rda+ have a look at the 8RDA3827(8/27/03) to see if it will fix your problems
If you can not fine it go
Here

Got any idea why the 8/27 bios isn't availabe on Epox's website?

i do not know why it is not on the web site
But if you use the Magic Flash it will download it

I flashed the new bios, and now I can do 9.5*230, but I still can't do 10*230. 10*230 still does the same thing, it defaults to 1100. 9.5 booted into windows, but then rebooted on its own, so I increased the Vdd (I did the mod) to abotu 1.8 volts, and so far its stable (haven't done any testing, it just doesn't reboot on its own). Do you think too little voltage would make it default to 1100mhz? I haven't tried 10* on 1.8v. Maybe tomorrow I will try it, and maybe try a bit higher Vdd if that doesn't work. How high can I go on air cooling? My friend says stay away from 2 volts.

hi ...i am from chile :D sorry for the bad english

i found on the net .. what that " bug " of the mobo could be fix using the " agresive " cpu interface .. and not the " expert ".

i dont know why .. but work for me ..

enjoy

squeakygeek said:

Got any idea why the 8/27 bios isn't availabe on Epox's website?

This BIOS is available on the EPoX Headquarters Taiwan site. Its in Taiwanese (I think) but you can still find it.

kertiek said:
hi ...i am from chile :D sorry for the bad english

i found on the net .. what that " bug " of the mobo could be fix using the " agresive " cpu interface .. and not the " expert ".

i dont know why .. but work for me ..

enjoy

If it's not set on expert, then I can't set my own fsb speed, or any of the memory settings, so that does me no good.

Rezin777 said:

This BIOS is available on the EPoX Headquarters Taiwan site. Its in Taiwanese (I think) but you can still find it.

i know that .. this dont work neither for me ... for my rams that i hav OC.

but that is not a big trouble for me so a make work the cpu on 200x11 with vcore 1.6 on 36C ... here ni chile the only good fan+hetsink that we can found is the god damm volcano`s.. :(

maybe its just a bug or something but i cant use 10.5 mult either whenever i try and go over 200mhz fsb ...if i stay under its fine...and 10 works fine too.....such a mystery

Weird but i have noticed some of these things as wll,when i go over 220 it may or may not boot at a a default setting.Sometimes it boots as a 1500 somtimes as a 1300 but not really at its own default.I have also noticed that the 9x multiplier is missing it has them all but that one.thats just weird.

Epox replied saying they don't support overclocking, but I have an idea; I started up my computer, and it defaulted to 1100, and I noticed that my NB fan wasn't spinning. I shut it off for a couple seconds, then started it, and gave the fan a little boost, and it booted at 230. I think it may be a heat thing.

That doesn't seem like a good thing if you had to jump start the fan..

I don't know what would cause that. I use the same set up and I was able to run 10 mult at 220+ fsb just fine. what kind of temps are you getting?

Back