• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingK@zor

Registered
Bought a Abit IS7 last week and got it today along with a 2.4C cpu. Did it work? NO. After trying it out and testing all other components it´s for sure that either the cpu or the mobo is not working. So i have to rma it and probably it´s the mobo not the cpu.. Since Abit has many issues with ch5 ram when trying to use 5:4 or 3:2 divider i was thinking of maybe switching to another mobo if it´s the mobo that is defect. I have 2*256 Twimos pc3200 memory winbond CH5 that i´m going to use. Which mobos out there does not have the issues with memory dividers and what do you suggest i choose? The price should be around the IS7 price 120-150$ something. The board must have sata and possibilty to use sata raid0. I don´t need gigabyte lan and firewire. If it´s 856PE or 875PE chipset i don´t care..As long i´ts capable of getting high fsb.

Any suggestions and maybe some info on why you think I should be buying that especially mobo would be much appreciated.

KK

Seems to be a great mobo but the place where im changing my mobo doesn´t have that mobo.. The ones I can trade against are these:

Abit IC7
MSI 865PE NEO2-FIS2R
EPoX EP-4PCA3+

These are the 3 that are within pricerange. Is any of these card working ok with CH5 memory and dividers?

Back