• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dlt3c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

well, as you know, i am very excited about all this talk about this show.. i like to think of myself as an anthusiaist, but since i haven't heard of this, i'll demote myself all the way to a noob.. anyhow, here in canada i found the chip for $99.. this is the same price as a 2000+ or similar (the lowest barton, at 2500+, is about $140CND).. the dut3c is only $10 cheaper, so if i was gonna choose, i would definitely spend the extra bucks.. but is the dlt3c so much better that i shouldn't even buy a 2000+ instead, even though they are the same price?? what do you think?

in effect, i am asking whether the overclocking ability of the dlt3c is so much more powerful then the overclocking of a 2000+ (or 1.8ghz intel which is the same price, but i haven't been with intel since pentium 90)?? how much does the 2000+ (for example) overclock compared to the dlt3c 1700?? are they pretty much the same chip but amd overclocked the bigger?

which brings me up to the other question, since chips seem to overclock less as they get faster on the same line (die), would that suggest that the company just overclocks the same chip (besides cache size etc.) and then sells it as higher end? this would certainly appear to be the case with the 1700+

make sure is a B core dlt3c.. if its an A core you got another crappy cpu ;d

most ppl are looking for JIXHB DLT3Cs =d so if thats what that 99 dolalr cpu is then go get it ;d

Trypt said:
well, as you know, i am very excited about all this talk about this show.. i like to think of myself as an anthusiaist, but since i haven't heard of this, i'll demote myself all the way to a noob.. anyhow, here in canada i found the chip for $99.. this is the same price as a 2000+ or similar (the lowest barton, at 2500+, is about $140CND).. the dut3c is only $10 cheaper, so if i was gonna choose, i would definitely spend the extra bucks.. but is the dlt3c so much better that i shouldn't even buy a 2000+ instead, even though they are the same price?? what do you think?

in effect, i am asking whether the overclocking ability of the dlt3c is so much more powerful then the overclocking of a 2000+ (or 1.8ghz intel which is the same price, but i haven't been with intel since pentium 90)?? how much does the 2000+ (for example) overclock compared to the dlt3c 1700?? are they pretty much the same chip but amd overclocked the bigger?

which brings me up to the other question, since chips seem to overclock less as they get faster on the same line (die), would that suggest that the company just overclocks the same chip (besides cache size etc.) and then sells it as higher end? this would certainly appear to be the case with the 1700+

There are differences within the chip that let each run at rated speed with the same vcore as lower models. Those differences among other things sort of dictate overclockability. Since the common overclocker doesn't usually buy the absolute best and finds it's max, I don't think saying a higher model chip has lower potential than the lower types is prudent nor accurate. There just aren't enough results dealing with those chips. It's just that in the case of certain chips (dlt3c 1700, 2100 dut3c), they have certain characteristics that let them overclock well. Personally, I recommend the 1700 jiuhb dlt3c if you are overclocking to a point where you don't really need phase change cooling, etc. I believe the 2100 dut3c has a higher max mhz potential than the 1700, but at the cost of needs of extreme type cooling because it needs a much higher vcore. I do notice though, in the barton world, the highest max mhz I've seen come from the newest xp3000's and 3200's.

Back