• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

??DRAM TImings??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ge0rge

Registered
Alright... I've got my p4p800 deluxe, 2.4C and (2) 256 PC3500 Hyper-X running fine @ 292 FSB with 5:4. It can run Prime 95 for hours, and run full loads without ever breaking 30 C.

Now, as far as DRAM timings go, do you want the timings to be as low as possible?
Should I start with the first timing, and work my way through each one making sure each is stable before moving on?
Or is there a better method?

Thanks
ge0rge

ge0rge said:
Alright... I've got my p4p800 deluxe, 2.4C and (2) 256 PC3500 Hyper-X running fine @ 292 FSB with 5:4. It can run Prime 95 for hours, and run full loads without ever breaking 30 C.

Now, as far as DRAM timings go, do you want the timings to be as low as possible?
Should I start with the first timing, and work my way through each one making sure each is stable before moving on?
Or is there a better method?

Thanks
ge0rge

You got it right run the lowest timings you can, test the performance and see what happens.

Try 2 2 2 6 and see what happens lol probably wont do those but wont know till you try. Most RAM does 2 3 3 6, Mushkin does go 2 2 2 6 with their memory at 433 MHZ according to them.

Its all trial and error find the best combo for your memory, I wouldnt go higher then 2.5 for the first setting the rest you can toy with, CAS seems to be the most important from what I have tested.

Back