• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

losing guarantee of AMD proc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(HR)Titan

i heard that if i use artic silver 3 i automaticly losee guarantee of my AMD proc
does someone have link or more information about that
thx

Heh, very true bk94si, my warranty packed up and left me as soon as the chip came in. :)

Yes, (HR)Titan it voids it according to AMD, if you don't o/c? then just use some ceramique and you should be fine.

the only thermal compound that you wont loose the warrenty with is shin etsu g751
note its very dificult to apply for most people and it only needs to be a very thin layer and people use to much

More importantly than thermal paste is the heatsink... This will have a larger effect on your cooling.

If you use any heatsink other than the stock AMD heatsink your warranty is void.

So if you are concerned with being honest, then the warranty will not do you much good. Many people make warranty claims on their chips anyways, but remember that AMD is struggling as it is. Having AMD around and having to buy a replacement chip from them is better than having no choice but to go Intel everytime you need a chip. :)

I heard AMD is going to start tracking websites you visit - if you even load a page about overclocking, you void your warranty;)

Chips these days are cheap though - losing a CPU isn't too much of a drag finacially (unless you've spalshed out on XP3000's or high-end P4s!), an XP2400 T-Bred is less than £60 these days, and that's a good CPU......remembering in 1995, a Pentium 100 (100MHz CPU!) cost around £360.

All AMD cares about is if you have the serial number on your CPU fan. They don't ask you to ship the heatsink. If they did, all you have to do is clean it and the CPU and say "I like it clean"

Back