• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new case = -10c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok this is crazy my 2600+ 333mhz model was running at 43c full load in my old case with a volcano 11+ and thermaltake smart fans then i bought a new case today and it has a fan on the roof and on the side.. now originally they where sucking air out of the case and doing this drop CPU temp by 2c and case temp by about 3c i decided to experiment and turn them around to blow air in and now at full load my CPU is at 29c after 4 hours of sandra brun in and case temps are 31c it could be an error with my sensors but i got a temp sensor with the case and it is reporting the same temps. and even with the extra fans i have less noise cause its a much better case and i still have space for 2 more fans in the front so maby i can get my temps even lower. if i knew how i would post the pics here to prove my temps cause on air thats crazy. also anyone got any pics on where to put my thermal diode? i put it next ti the core of the CPU and PC wouldnt boot so i put it underneath the CPU like thermaltake reccomend and PC wont boot when i have it pluged in but unplug it and boots fine WTF?

Sounds like there might be a short circuit in the wiring of the temp probe.

Try another molex connector.

THe best place to check your temps would be beside the core. If you place it on the core, your heatsink will not make full contact with the core and could burn up one side of the chip, crack the core, etc.

i put it next to the core and underneath the CPU and my system wont boot.. it used to work underneath the CPU when i first had it there but now the system turns on but nothing happens and it just says FF on the board display.. what could the problem be?

oh and also the temps being displayed now are from the BIOS, MBM5, USDM and the case's temp sensor. is it possible that i did something to the CPU when i was trying to put the diode on it or have i just extreme cooling now?

Back