• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ experiances please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok im getting very irritated with the abilty to not overclock my 2600+. so i just want to get some results other ppl have had with 2600+ 333mhz CPU's please include all info u have about overclocking 2600+ what FSB u have had it up to, any mods you have done to it, motherboard model bios version and so on. maybe from this i can see whats holding back my CPU. i know its not my lack of experiance with overclocking cause i managed to get my 1800+ to 2450mhz stable and my 2000+ to 2400mhz stable but i can only get my 2600+ to 2375mhz and a max FSB of 180mhz even when relaxing ram timings lowering multi and and even raising voltage up to 2.20v my cooling is fine with max stable overclock i get 35c load with my air cooling.. thanks for all results posted

I was going to post something similar to the quoted post below but then I noticed.

1. No it most definitely is not "only" 2375 MHz. What are you talking about? You got 2.4 GHz. Rejoice and whoever told you to expect more is less then realistic, particularily with thermaltake instead of thermalright.

2. You have PC2700 RAM. Your 180 FSB is nothing to sneeze at.
You know what that DDR 333 means? 166 FSB, see:
http://www.pbase.com/image/19261650/original

That's why I can get "only" 152 FSB with my PC2100 which is 133 FSB.

Post the brand of your power supply and ram in your sig.

All Thouroughbred B's and Bartons OC between 2.2 and 2.4 GHZ.
Most do around 2.3.

It all depends on the rest of your equipment.
VegetaQ said:
It would greatly help me figure out which way is the best way to start on my barton OC. Thanks!
If you can't do what's described here:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207088
then something's up specific to your setup.

2500+ is a great OCer and 2800+ should do easier what 2500+ is known to do so it's not the CPU 4 sure.

Memory is fine but the heatsink is not that great. You will most definitely get more out of your CPU with:

Finally, you may be using cheapo power supply which is probably the culprit. Remember Watts don't matter at all as much as brands.

I would suggest putting PSU brand and case and how many case fans you have in your sig instead of the cdrom info.

(I'm guessing your prob is the PSU, though)
37(min) C to 46(max) C Winter ; 42(min) C to 50(max) C Summer
Epox 8RDA+
Thermalright SK-7 with variable speed 80x25mm YS-Tech FD1281259B-2F
BFG GeForce4 Ti4200 8X 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 350W Antec SmartPower SL350
Five 80x25mm Ultra Quiet 18CFM Case Fans (NMB C3110KL-04W-B19)

i know its definatly not my RAM or my PSU holding me back.. my 1800+ that i got 2450mhz out of was running in the same rig and so was the 2000+ the only thing i have changed is upgraded my CPU. the 333mhz RAM i have is not the greatest stuff in the world but with relaxed timings it holds 215mhz FSB no probs. my RAM is spectek OEM crap and my PSU is a 400watt Xsonic which cam with my case. all my voltages are fine and and my PSU is fine since i run 4 thermaltake smart fans and 2 volcano fans off it (volcano 11+ on CPU and volcano 9+ fan on back of case) so i am absolutly sure its my 2600+ thats my problem and i need to find out how to get past whats holding me back if at all this CPU can do more than 180mhz FSB. its definatly not temps cause full load i never hit 40c and my north and south bridges are water cooled and i have heatsinks on my mosfets and heatspreaders on my RAM.. so once again its my 2600+ thats the problem someone help me please before i jump on it for being the bigest peice of crud i have ever bought

oh i forgot to add that i run 2 HDDS 2 cd-roms 2 cathcodes a temp sensorand a water pump off my PSU.. and yes i have tried unpluging all off this to see if that helped and no it doesnt

Well they're all supposed to do 2.3 on average.

2.4 and 2.5 is not average. It's closer to rare than it is to average.

But yes, you're right 2600+s have not been known as the best overclockers.

...and sorry for not reading your first post where you clearly say you were able to get different results with unusually good CPUs.

Last edited:
Back