• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 serial to IDE converter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anfallgel

Alright, originally I knew I was going to set up a RAID config on a new IS7 board i purchased. I knew i needed a couple converters, so I just bought 2 of the first that came up on PriceWatch (made by iWill). As I'm sure some of you are thinking right now .... it didn't work. The RAID setup doesn't recognize any drives. Now, what i want to confirm is:

1. Yes this is the problem I would have without the right converter

2. The right converter is the "serillel2 converter" made by Abit

I appreciate your help.

-Adam

Interesting, so the I-Will converters don't work either? My highpoint Rockethead also fails with the IC7-G I have. I'm told the original BIOS ssupported this fine, but ones afterwards didn't. Asus doesn't seem to have this problem, even though they also make a serial to ATA adapter.

I started a thread on the Abit board asking folks to document their configs so that folks who are trying to do the same thing we are can avoid our mistakes, and create some data for Abit to look at. The thread is here.

If anyone else is having problems or successes (esp. with non-Abit adapters), then please post post there as well!

Thanks,
Mike

Back