• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

My mobo (sig) supports 200mhz fsb, but I am wondering, what kind of ram do I need to get this kind of speed? I am assuming that pc-3200 is exactly whats needed, since it is rated at 200mhzx2, am I correct? I need to know this for the future, since I am in the process of tracking down a dut3c or a dlt3c 1700+ and I want to be ready (basically, what will it take to increase the fsb to 200 or beyond (only a couple over, since i can't lock pcibus).. ??

now to more pressing matters.. how can i get my 1700+ palomino to overclock to 166x11 (from 133x11)?? I've gotten it up to 150x11, but thats it, it is stable at that speed though.. I am only running pc-2100 ddr ram, could this be the problem (ok, i think i know thats the problem), so what kind of overclocking do i need to do on the ram (in detail) to let my system run at 166fsb? will the ram itself need major cooling for that kind of overclock, or can i just overclock by a bit, just enough to get it to work with 166?

thanx

Get pc3500 rma so u can break the 210 FSB barrier easier. IF you have a palomino chip you wont be able to overclock for ****. I had a pally 2100+ and i couldnt get it to go over 1807 mhz, thats not even a 100 mhz OC. If you have a pally dump it immediatly cause it is crap.

Back