• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change Multipliers without Modding your chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

Don't want to cut or blow bridges? Too worried about doing pin mods? BIOS doesn't have multiplier settings? Here's your answer.

tmc2.gif

Upgradeware's XP-TMC add-on. Put your CPU on this flip a few switches on the chip and stick it in the socket. Once you find your peak you can do your modding or just leave it in.

tmc1.gif

Comes with instructions, a tube of silicone thermal grease, the chip add-on and clip extensions for your heatsink.

tmc3.gif

Simple to use. Just press your unlocked chip into this add-on. Flip a combination of the switches on the underside for the desired multiplier and put it in your computer. Just remember to leave your multiplier settings on Auto.

Since putting this inbetween the CPU and socket makes it a lot thicker than just a CPU they give you clip extensions for the heatsink. If you have a bolt on type heatsink like the Swiftech 462+ you don't need to use them.

Overall its very easy to add on and works great if you're too worried about doing any physical modding to your motherboard or CPU. Only downside I can find about these is the fact it does not Support Palomino cores.

Last edited:
It doesn't support Palomino cores? Tbreds and Bartons are already unlocked so what purpose does this device serve? Original Athlons?

Athough if this does the smp mod it may be pretty useful.

Its for people who need to get higher multipliers but the BIOS won't go higher. Like on my MSI K7D I can't get higher than 12.5x150 without modding the chips but im too shaky to do any minute work. With this device i am now at 14x150 with my 1700+s.

well when it takes you over an hour just to get one tiny piece of wire in the socket its not worth it IMO. I'm too shaky to do fine things like that. I think the specs say it doesn't support the paly using .18 process er something like that.

I've wired 3 boards now... its not hard, once you get the heck of it its easy. Save your money if you can, but if you don't trust yourself... give it a try.

Back