• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700 DUTC3 high vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malph

Registered
Right now I am running stable at 12 x 200 with the cpu in the sig.
In order to run Prime95 stable I have to use a vcore of 2.0 volts (mbm5 says 1.95) or I get memory errors.
I have the memory timings at 6-3-3-2 and even with it more relaxed I still have the same problem

The CPU is watercooled and runs at about 42 deg. on full load.
You think this vcore is safe for long term use?

Thanks

I've seen too many stories of DUT3C's even having adverse long term effects due to running at core voltages of above 1.95v, on water, especially, since most with water are tempted to use them ;). I would strongly advise against using any core voltage above 1.8v, regardless of cooling or default voltage. I think you mean a sumout error, core voltage has nothing to do with memory.

Yes, they are sumout errors that happen at a lower vcore setting.
This cpu seems like it needs a lot of voltage to run overclocked.

Thanks for the input. I will have to weigh the cost of a new processor vs running faster.

Malph

Gautam, are you saying no Vcore over 1.8x V for air and water for all CPUs?

As for this CPU, you know 2400 MHz is really high. You may have to go with 23xx MHz.

Note that some of these B's have been known to max out just below 2300.

For the cost of the 1700+'s just give 'er some voltage... what's the worst that could happen.... oh ya, just grab two and have one for backup

Back