• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

I know theres been a million threads like this, so this makes a million and one.;) I dont know squat about Intel and have always been a AMD user. But because of recent activities with AMD I am seriously doubting there longevity.

So I think its time to try out Intel. The deal is that I cant spend huge amounts of money on it cause the wifey cant understand why my badass AMD system isnt enough. Go figure:rolleyes: :D So far I have decided on a P4 2.4c Hyperthreading w/800mhz fsb. This really took up abunch of my funds so I need help on a reliable mobo for this cpu. the only thing I really need is the obvious ability to OC and onboard LAN. This really needs to stay under or around $100. Also if someone can reccomend a cheaper processor that will give me similar performance feel free to comment. Tks.

Pyros

Check out the Abit IS7-E. Around $94 new retail.

P4 2.4C is a safer bet of getting a good OC. Some ppl like Larav have an insane OC with P4 1.8A - around 3.4 GHz, but you can't count on that.

P4 2.4C should hit 3.0 GHz super stable with a good board, decent DDR400 memory running at 5:4 ratio.

You shoudl check out a few of he discussions to get a more in-depth take on this.

Back