• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everyone please read and help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok i have posted a few times asking for help but barely anyone reads my post so PLEASE read this and help me.. i need to get past 180 FSB with my 2600+ i know its only my CPU holding me back so dont say its my PSU or RAM i can assure you it isnt.. ppl have said blow a bridge on the CPU to make it a 266mhx chip instead of 333mhz now which bridge eactly is it and how do i do it? and also what other things can i try to get over 180 FSB? please help me any suggestions appreciated

8rda+?? nforce2 board, right? are you able to adjust multipliers on that board? if so, drop the multi to 10, raise the fsb to 200. I don't know what mem modules you have but if its of any quality, you should be able to do 2-2-2-7 for starters and go from there.

even if i drop multiplier to 5x and ram timings as loose as possible still cant get past 180 FSB and if i put the ram at 50% of the FSB it stil wont go further

Only motherboards with the new chipset stepping (C1, aka 400 Ultra) are officially guaranteed for FSB 200 MHz. For pre rev 2.0 A7N8X, NF7-S, 8RDA+, ... motherboards, it is a luck of draw between 180-220 MHz, unless resorted to chipset Vdd mod, on top of good memory modules with sufficient Vdimm if needed.

Have you checked what revision and chipset stepping are with your motherboard? Have you looked at possibilities about Vdd chipset mod, ... for older boards, ...?

Back