• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F7 bios, performance???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wunderbaum

Registered
Anyone tried the new F7 bios?

Is there a performance plus to collect??

They are not online on the internet bios update which is odd.

its supposed to add support for sata0 booting. nice if you have an sata drive.

I would be interested in the F7 bios if there is one. The F6 adds raid 1 support not raid 0. That was already there. BTW, the intel driver on the gigabyte web site is the old version. I down loaded 3.5 from the intel web site, but you need to update to the F6 for all the functions to work.

Phil

stan03 said:
its supposed to add support for sata0 booting. nice if you have an sata drive.

Where did you read this, i have a 80 gb sata drive on sata 0 and it boots but i had to remap it to secondary IDE slave ,i have a DVD RW on IDE 2 primary. I have F5 bios,but i can get it to see the DVD RW. This board should boot off SATA O even with F3 bios
I have A 160 gb SATA drive on SATA 1 i formated and XP sees it and the Boot sata on SATA O. BUT i cant get the system to see the DVD RW on IDE 2 as master,i have DVD rom on IDE 1 AS master and CD RW on IDE 1 as slave.

That's an interesting problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with the remaping your sata 0 to ide slave. Have you tried to run the DVD RW off of the ITE raid controller?

Phil

I tried using the DVD RW on the IDE raid set as ATA port but it still wouldn't see it. I think what i'm going to try i taking the DVD rom and CD RW off IDE 1 and use those 2 ports for the SATA drives by remaping them to those 2 channels. Then i'll put the DVD rom on IFE 2 as primary and the CD RW on the slave,then put the DVD RW on one of the IDE raid ports as ATA.
I have an 80 gb SATA that has the OS and all the programs on it and the second 160 gb SATA is formated and will be used for video editing. I may end up using the 2 SATA drives as raid O, and partitionong them into 2 drives,i was trying to avoid that but it might be the only way out. DOUG

Back