• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you think this will fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystypiy

Hey Guys,
I know this isn't the best spot for this thread, but wanted to ask you guys anyway. I want a window on the side of my case, but I'm not brave enough to do it myself yet. My case is Black & Silver Compucase LX-6A19 ATX Mid-tower Case that I got from directron.com here's a link http://www.directron.com/cslx6a19bl.html. I was wondering if this side panel with the window already in it would fit my case, http://www.directron.com/midwindow3.html its a SPX-02, Side Panel w/ Large, Clear Acrylic Window for Chieftec Mid-Tower Cases, 8 Color Choices, (with side fan optional). And what do you think about the whole side fan thing? Does it actually drop temps enough to make having one worth it? So what do you guys think? Will it work?

It appears that your case has a different locking clip on the side panel. Have you measured your panel vs the sizes given for the new panel. The compucase is not listed in the description so I would email Directron to verify the size and compatability of the side panel. The side fan will help if it is exposed to fresh air. You would need to be sure that you have the cfm balanced on the intake and exhaust for the case airflow.

Does anybody know where I might be able to find a pre-modded side panel with a window for my case? Directron has some but they are not the right color, I need black, I guess Jet black. Directron only has carbon black which is dark gray.

well all cases out there dont have factory-made replacement side panels, so i guess youll have to make your own window, just ask your dad or someone at someplace that does that kinda stuff

btw, if you muster up enough guts to do it oyuself, this place sell some 1337 laser etched window kits for under 20.00

www.koolpcmods.com

Last edited:
Back