• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed my 900u......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

.....and it has a tornado on it and artic silver ceramique... cpu temp idle is 37c idle... :S hmmm to much artic silver well i doubt it...

I have heard that temps sometimes take time to settle is this true??

any other reason for the "high" temps??

thanks

What mobo, overclock are you running?

How does it compare to your previous cooling solution?

Yes, the ceramique does need to settle in for a couple of days.

its 2 c lower than the stock fan im not overclocked i set it to default...wanted to see how the temps would be first...and my mobo is a jetway alioth GE 845 :)

I think he meant that 40c on stock amd cooling is waaaay low. Most systems I have built with the retail hsf run in the 60s. Still with a tornado and a slk-900 you should be getting better temps. I think you may be getting innacurate temps reported or the HS is not making full contact with the core.

oh... whoops, keep thinking the slk series is amd only, lol. I shoudlve been tipped off by the 900U

ok...well im on the stock hsf with the thermal pad and i get 43C load.....38C idle....so don't mock the hsf...even if it does suck...its good enuf for me.

what are your ambient temps, this will directlt affect how cool your processor can get. if its in the 3oC area, your good. besides, idle temp doesnt matter as much, its load temp that counts. I also have a slk-900 and a 92MM tornado, but the tornado is only running at 2500 rpm. with case temps in the 30C area I get a idle cpu temp of 39. but loads only raises up to 42-43C at stock voltage. what are the load temps on both the stock hsf and the slk?

my system temp is also 30c but my fan is going at max :D but same temps as u hmmm, um load i dont know eh:p but load for the stock was about 55 (unreal2)

[BBE]Jimbob said:
my system temp is also 30c but my fan is going at max :D but same temps as u hmmm, um load i dont know eh:p but load for the stock was about 55 (unreal2)
I am not familiar with your motherboard but on my P4C800 P4C system with the SLK900U and the 92mm 57cfm Panaflo my temps under full load are:
System 31*C
CPU 48*C
The motherboard's all vary on their readings. My P4G8X with a 3.06b runs 55*C under load (Alpha 8942 / 50cfm sunon). IS7-E runs 52*C load (Zalman CNPS7000CU / 92mm) and so on.

hehe ok :)

But i dont understand why the stock cools and only 2c higher :S ill check the load temps :) for the 900u :) see how high it goes :)

Back