• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn in - High voltage, low temp, low speed, then what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiyan

I saw in the AMD FAQ that for burn in, temperature should be low, speed should be low, voltage should be high.

Kind of confusing.

My 2400+ seems to be quite stable at 1.625v at 2700+, and a little shaky at 1.65v, 2800+ unless I turn up the fan's speed.

I am hoping that a burn in will help it be more stable at 1.65v, 2800+ speed. That is what burn in is meant for right?

The lowest speed I can get is 15x100Mhz.

Do I just run at this speed at something like 1.7v, with the HSF screaming at 75cfm (roughly 30 degrees C, but sound like vacuum cleaner), and leave Prime95 running?

Or do I do this for like a day, then increase the speed further and further?

I dunno but I left my palamino om 1.85 overnight stock speed of 1533 and aomething like 55°c and it was more capable after that.

Temperature should not be a problem, I have the screamer fan from a Volcano 11 mounted on the stock AMD heatsink.

But I don't know what voltages and speeds to use for burn in.

Anyone?

What about safe voltages for the XP2400+? It has default of 1.65v. 1.75v still quite sensible right?

Okay, I just found this thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160349. I will start reading.

Some pretty divided views. Some people swear by it, some swear at it. I will try it, but not will crazy volts. I think I will put the limit at what the motherboard allows, 1.75v.

Last edited:
well, I ran it at 1500Mhz, 1.7v for around 8 hours, then 2261Mhz at 1.725v for 17 hours. All the time the temp was kept under 35 degrees C. Hope this can help me overclock.

Me thinks you will need a good bit more than 1.7v for a burn in !! AFAIK over 1.9v will be needed. Sure most people will be running there chips 24 7 on 1.8v.;)

I see. I'll do 23x100 at 1.75v for another night, then try higher.
Managed to boot at 18*x133 at 1.75v, although failed p95. Sandra did not complain though.

But does burning in require high speeds as well as high voltages or low speeds and high voltages?

No . Burn in , is low speed and high voltage !! Is suppose to get the chip use to heat and voltage......... There are many people who think it works and many that dont.

Back