• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

would somebody please tell me if the t-bred XP 2400 or the Barton XP 2500 is unlocked from the factory? Im looking at building a new system this income tax time (casue my kids are fighting over my other 2 systems) and just not quite sure shat i want.

my 2400+ seems to be unlocked for all multipliers above 15x, although my motherboard don't select them all in the right order. (I have a MSI K7T266 Pro 2)

well with my AK32L i have in my BIOS settings up too 12.5x and the newest BIOS patch is to take up to XP2400 and the memory i have wont let me run past 158Mhz. So far i havent got the guts to unlock my cpu and if i got a new CPU for this rig i was wanting to go to the max for this board.

Yes, they are. They are, however, set with the 5th bit on, which means mobos which read the 5th bit will only be able to go with multipliers 13x and above; going lower would require modding the processor to turn off that bit.

nforce2 mobos (not sure if all, but the 8rda+ and nf7 are like this), however, don't reed the 5th bit and don't care about it, and thus you get the full range of multis without doing anything to the processor.

well thanks for the info, i've been looking into this whole thing and have been reading conflicting information about it.

Rest assured both of those chips are factory unlocked and will work fine on the 8rda+ and nf7 as Damian mention. My old rev 1.04 a7n8x did not have mults under 13 unlocked so not all revisions of all nforce2 boards have access to all the mults.

Back