• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I go water cooling / Are these good temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltimateDouche

My cpu is idle 22c and Load around 30c when running prime95 for an hour. This is on my overclocked p4 2.4b @ 3.02 or 169fsb.

Now for the questions:

Are these good temps?

Would Watercooling Be any better?

I know these are acurate because of i have 2 temp sensors in my case and the one my the cpu is within a degree of my case temp on a different sensor. The case isnt neccisarily loud - i can sleep with it but it still can be a lil annoying - but at least its a very low pitched noise. Heres my cooling specs:

Vantec Aeroflow with tmd fan

4 Vantec Thermoflow Exauhst Fans
2 Vantec Thermoflow Intake Fans
1 Side Intake Fan
1 Blowhole Exauhst Fan
Ducting Mod From my side fan to my cpu using this

those temps are killer man, water will get youaround 1-4 degrees from ambient temp, depending on quality
those are great temps as they are, and since your setup is quiet already, i wouldnt bother

cherryp00t said:
to me i think those temps are inaccurate =d but thats just me ;d

Me too... Assuming the Vantec Aeroflow, which is a good HSF, but isn't good for OC as SLKs, *could* do 7-10C above ambient at idle for OC, that means his ambient is in the range of 12C - 15C (53F - 59F). That is very cool ambient!

Heck, half the time my room temp isn't even 22C. If those temps are accurate I'd be amazed. I'd say they're about 8-10C off, which is still very good for air. Your cooling setup should be quite sufficient for what you have, only reason to go to water would be noise, or if you wanted to try for a 200fsb on that system.

I think you've got pretty good temps there even if they are a bit off they're still not bad. I'd do a water cooling system just for the learning experience and just because it's pretty trick when you go to LANs and show off your customizing.

Temps are off. I've yet to see water give you better than 8*C over case with a reasonably Overclocked cpu and air is a good 5-10* behind water easily.

i know it seems the temps are off - but i have 2 sensors. and they read around the same - so they cant be in accurate. And no i dont have an ac next to my computer - but the ambient temp is around the same temp as my case temp - but i dunno

I guess its not 22c - its 27c, its gotten higher last time i checked - maybe cuz dust. Heres proof:

temps.JPG

Also my case temp reads 80.4 rite now and it ranges from 72-82F

Temps are off. With the current reading you have, the case temp is ~27C and the CPU temp is also 27C, which is the same as the case temp. That is not possible. Anyway even if the CPU temp is off by 10C you still have a good temp with the Areoflow. If noise really bothers you water cooling would be a solution.

my case was like 75 when i took the reading - but when i play games and stufff it goes to like 84 tops - but this is 2 temp readings - and they both sync, seems to me they would be right...

Dude, how are those Thermoflow's by the way? I'm adding 2 120 mm fans to my case and I want quiet ones that push good air.

On a northwood, with 1.77v, @ 3000MHz, those temps are impossible with the best aircooling OR the best water cooling. To achieve temps like that, you are talking in the 226w pelt range. Something is extremely off, i would wager temps are a good 10-15C higher.

Back