• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature monitoring programs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

can anyone link me to any good temp monitor programs?
i just got my new pc up and running yesterday and i want to make sure it wont overheat because its in a low ventilation computer desk (dad mad my put it there).

i tried MBM5 and i didnt know how to use it or what to do with it, so i uninstalled it. Can anyone help me out?

Most motherboards come with a monitoring program. If you are having difficulty with MBM5 you might check the mobo install cd for one. These are usually basic but get the info you need.

Using MBM5 for the first time can be daunting :) - it's just highly customisable, that's all. Aside from that it's the best one I have used yet.

In the "settings" screen there are a list of menus like "temperatures" "fans" and "voltages" - the others are menus to do with executing programs if an alarm goes off or storing the data in logging files.

The basics of it are this: you assign MBM5 "temp/volt/fan" slots to the ones detected on the motherboard's hardware monitor, so it can read them. The top item in the temperatures menu is the MBM sensor slot and below you can assign it to a Motherboard sensor. I started off with mbm1 = asus 1 or whatever, but on the motherboard monitor site under the list of motherboards it tells you what sensors are what on your motherboard, like CPU and board temps.

Voltages are pretty self-explanatory, to rename them go into the "visual" menu and tweak stuff there.

Fans are a bit more tricky. If you know roughly what speed your fans are at then it should be easy to spot which is which, but just to make it fun there are dividers and different types of motherboard signal :( - after you determine which fan it is (I would say pull it out for about 5 seconds and see which one drops) fiddle with the divider and fan type until you get the right approx. speed.

Back