• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with MBM5 Please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

AHHh i cannot use mbm5 i am too stupid or something. On the website (I have a 8KNXP) is says to use ITE8712F as the "sensor chip", but in mbm5 i don't have that as an option. i do have ITE8712F 1 but thats my cpu sensor. So im confused. And it definitely doesn't read my voltages right and i tried each setting. I know its not right because each time one of the readings will be way off like my -12v line would be at 2.37v or something crazy like that :D. and it also reads my fan speed at 36,000 rpms...???

yes, yes:D

EDIT: whoa we posted at the same time :D i meant the yeses for L337 M33P

Ok -12V and -5V readings are often screwy, so ignore them. Are any of the "real" voltage lines extremely wacky or are they within limits?

Under the motherboard voltage sensor config thingy in the Volts menu, are there any other "standards" for volt monitoring? Mine has ASB100 standards 1 and 2, I use 2 cos it's the right one for my mobo.

Bleh 11pm time for sleep

Last edited:
My -12 and -5 are out of range also.
My -12 reading is around -6.89, and my -5 is around -3.48.
All of my other 3.3, 12, and 5 are in range. The system is still working fine, so I guess -12 and -5 are not that important. Correct if I'm wrong.

MDboyz said:
My -12 and -5 are out of range also.
My -12 reading is around -6.89, and my -5 is around -3.48.
All of my other 3.3, 12, and 5 are in range. The system is still working fine, so I guess -12 and -5 are not that important. Correct if I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. If you look around you'll see that lots of people get really funky numbers for their -12v and -5v lines, and their systems still run rock solid. As far as I know the only thing that uses the -5v line is a floppy drive, we all know how critical those are on a daily basis nowadays. :rolleyes: Let's not forget that the numbers you're given by MBM (or any other program) may not be too accurate. As I type this SANDRA is reporting my core voltage as 1.18v (instead of 1.75v) and my 5v line is supposedly 5.67v :)eek: ) and my 12v is supposedly 4.93v (double :eek: ). If it's running stable and it's only the negatives that get reported out of whack I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Back