• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Accurate Way To Install a Diode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The best way that I've found is putting the thermistor right on the edge of the core, between the heatsink and the actual face of the CPU.

don't expect an accurate temp from it though. I have tried every imaginable placement and have yet to get anything CLOSE to the right temps. I do use it though to measure changes in temps, but not for an accurate temp reading.

hmm I've heard something about drilling a hole in the HS? What's that about? Also, how do I get the diode to stay right next to core?

u can use normal scotch tape to secure it to were u want it. If u have 1 of those flat sensors wut u gotta do is sut of little extra tip on top were their arnt any wires in. this way the wires that actually get temps are directly exposed to CPU die so they can take a little bit more accurate reading.

NcBaller1985 said:
don't expect an accurate temp from it though. I have tried every imaginable placement and have yet to get anything CLOSE to the right temps. I do use it though to measure changes in temps, but not for an accurate temp reading.

How do you know what the right temps are? ;)

Back