• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XPs, MPs, and other assorted CPUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

I checked out the FAQ but I really couldn't find an answer to my question, if it's there please feel free to chew me up and spit me out.

My question is what is the difference between all the different AMD CPUs?

Are the regular Athlons basically the same as the Intel chips of the same time? (IPCs etc.)

Any info on AMD CPUs you can give would be great and any cool info about the different cores would be welcome too.

I completely forgot about that! Lot's of good info, thanks :)

If anyone has any comments about the individual chips such as what they're good for, how much they are in relation to the others or anything like that I'd like to hear it.

Right now it seems that the 1700+ Tbred B stepping DLT3C and the 2500+ Bartons are the cpus of choice for most people. Clock for clock the 2500+ is faster and it has a higher default speed. However the 1700+'s seem to be getting higher clockspeeds and making up for it.

As for the MPs, they arent worth the money as the only thing they offer is dual processor support and you can easily mod an XP to do dual cpus.

Agreed. Except I'd say it's now a choice between

- any 1700+ T-Bred B ;
- 2100+ T-Bred B (now costs the same as guaranteed DLT3C T-Bred B) ;
- 2500+ Barton.

Back