• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for my first Pentium mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpongeBoB87

Registered
I am going to build my first pentium system. I have built many amd. I like to use MSI and ASUS. Ihave read good thing about the P4P800. I want to build a fast stable computer. What are suggestions. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I am planning on building it with a ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256, 1 gig of the fastest most compatible ram, 2.4 hyper thread enabled chip.

This is is memory I was going with the purchase of a P4P800. 2x512. This machine will not be OC'd. If anyone has any better suggestions please let me know.

Twinmos

That is PC3700 memory. To run it at it's rated speed you would need to run your system at 233 MHz FSB. That, my freind, would be overclocking. :)

If you do not plan to overclock then you want PC3200 RAM, which has a rated speed of 200 MHz.

Good choice with the P4P800. One of the nicest features of these boards is the on-southbridge SATA RAID. If you can aford it I would strongly recommend two WD Raptors in SATA RAID 0.

then again having killer ram helps ensure stability even though you might be able to sacrifice some theoretical performance and save some money. and since you don't want to overclock i would reccommend the P4C800-E Deluxe. It's the best as far as out-of-the-box performance goes. and it really does have almost everything on the board anyone could ever need

Back