• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silent Boost Cooler (thermaltake) is this good? eh !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollPhree

http://www.overclockercafe.com/reviews/cooling/Tt_SilentBoost/

What matters

"it performed better than expected. It's surprising that a heatsink as silent as it is can almost compare the the SLK-800 with a fan on it that is as loud as a jet plane. "

its I think 21db

OMG looks good! eh? I think this is my soullution to my loud computer, anyone agree disagree?

btw I think im a idiot becasue even with my room being not to hot I get horrible temps , couldi t be my case? its a hot case I know =( maybe ineed new intakes and outtakes hehe but I never get good temops even when I had a ax-7 with toranods all overmy computer

Btw I know.. I have 1 instake and 2 outatke.. I just got SIDE of tons of noise so i went very silent.. maybe I should upgrade my fans that are pulling in air

Buts its been my xp that my case temps (read thato one) case temps DO NOT VERY even if I have very powerufll fans. btw I used water cool , and man I had strong *** fans in my case and know what? temps were always around what I got with waek fans =D

I'm having trouble believing that ThermalTake actually made a product on-par with the SLK... I want a second opinion!

As for your case, I'd reccomend equalizing outtake to intake. If you can't do that, Then I'd have more intake than outtake ('positive case pressure'). Watch out for the debate that will ensue below about that, but thats what I would say.

Room Temps are VITAL. I've been running a P4 1.8 STOCK and getting 50+ load temps... Thats just not normal. My room recently cooled down quite a bit, and I'm down to 43*C Load, 33*C Idle (Zalman 7000AlCu.. Can't even hear it).

TollPhree said:
Btw I know.. I have 1 instake and 2 outatke.. I just got SIDE of tons of noise so i went very silent.. maybe I should upgrade my fans that are pulling in air

Buts its been my xp that my case temps (read thato one) case temps DO NOT VERY even if I have very powerufll fans. btw I used water cool , and man I had strong *** fans in my case and know what? temps were always around what I got with waek fans =D

Its not on par with the SLK. That one Joe Schmoe review site said it was as good. When BillA or someone from FrostyTech says its as good, then i'll believe them. My experience with thermal take products, from cases, to heatsinks, to pelts, has been an exceedingly low quality one.

So dont rec. I get it? some there products are nice =D 7+ nice la!

The Volcano 7+ is over-rated if you ask me. The only good ThermalTake product I can think of is the SmartFan II... and its still not exactly revolutionary.

I'd go with a solid SLK cooler (SK-7 is quite cheap) with your choice of fan (I'm sure that the SLK series would whoop the SilentBoost while overclocking). And if you can afford the extra cash, get a Zalman cooler (7000AlCu or the better CU model).

Seems that this cooler is better then the sk with a low sound fan, =D thats the comparesen

Zalman them fucnky looking heat sinks right? my moms comp has one if thats it, veyr lack luster =(

Back