• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case reccomendations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

I need to get a new case. I want to something with alot of cooling, 5+ fan slots. But i want it to be fairly quiet.

What are all of your case reccomendations!?

Stedeman said:
Only one, the steal "Dragon" cases by Chieftec their about $80 delivered

Hey, don't encourage others to steal! :p

I've always liked Antecs, and Lian-Li cases (if you can afford the latter... eek!).

fhanderson said:
I like the Chieftec/Antec cases. Here is an excellent place to get a case without a powersupply. I wouldn't buy their powersupplies.
http://www.buyxtremegear.com/chiefsxcaswi.html

I would NEVER buy from Xtreme Gear again. I bought 2 sticks of RAM from them, they aid they were in stock and would ship next day. 3 days later, I email them. It appears they were 'backordered' I check their site, and it still says in stock for shipment next day. After changing their story twice in email (from backorder to ship next day to backorder again) I finally asked for a refund. Atleast that was easy *enough* to get.

From what I hear the Antec Sonata cases are quite nice, even tho it only has 2 fans they are both 120mm. One front intake and one rear exaust. Which will result in a much quiter case then 2 fron 80 mm and 2 rear 80mm fans with about the same airflow.

@ Newegg for $99 + shipping

If you have the money go for the Coolermaster ATC-111 It has dual 80mm front intake fans, 80mm blowhole and one rear exaust. The cooling in this case is extrodnary. When I moved from my steel case to my coolermaster my temps dropped 6*C. Its a bit much to pay for a case but I look at it as an investment. This case is gonna last 3x longer than most other cases. My favorite feature of the case is the removable motherboard tray. Its not just the motherboard its the pci cards too. Not to mention even the pci slots have thumb screws. All the fans have grills on them and the blue hdd and power led's are just coolness ^^

@ Newegg $154 + shipping

If you have time, wait for them to pop up in the refurb section and save your self 30+ bucks not to mention you get free shipping on refurbs.

if you have the money i recommend the lian-li pc-65. it was very fun to mod and has lots of cool features. really easy to work with.

Quiet and 5 case fans don't go together:p

Serisouly get a case with 120mm fans.

I have an antec with 2 120's and I added a 3rd to the side. Tons of air movement and with the 7v mod or a rheobus it is very quiet.

I have the 3700, but a buddy has the Sonata with is nice too

Get an Antec Sonata, it is suppose to be the quiestest case out there and it has two 120mm fan slots. You can add more to the side and top of you want. I consider one 120mm fan equal to two 80's but in reality they are more like 2 and a half 80's. The Sonata even comes with a front intake filter. It even comes with a nice 380w Antec power supply. I can't remember if it is a truepower or a solution though.

Yeah if you want good quiet cooling 120mms is the way to go, NOT tons of 80s. The Antec sonata and the Antec SLK-3700 are great choices. Also the lite-on fs020 is a great case with 120mm fans.

Also this case:
http://www.directron.com/cslx6a19bl.html

is internally the same as the antec slk-3700 and it comes without a PSU bundled with it.

I'll throw in another reccomendation for the Antec SLK3700AMB.

Front and rear 120mm fan mounts
removable internal and external 3.5" bays
Drive rails for 5.25" drives
rubber grommets for HDD mounting
front USB
comes with a real PSU (SmartPower 350W)

AMD_Me said:

I would NEVER buy from Xtreme Gear again. I bought 2 sticks of RAM from them, they aid they were in stock and would ship next day. 3 days later, I email them. It appears they were 'backordered' I check their site, and it still says in stock for shipment next day. After changing their story twice in email (from backorder to ship next day to backorder again) I finally asked for a refund. Atleast that was easy *enough* to get.

I got my case from them. I think Hoot got a case there too. I doubt I'd trust them with anything other than cases. :D

Fs-020. If I drop it on someone's foot... they die.... 3x120mm fan slots > 5x80

Deathknight said:
Yeah if you want good quiet cooling 120mms is the way to go, NOT tons of 80s. The Antec sonata and the Antec SLK-3700 are great choices. Also the lite-on fs020 is a great case with 120mm fans.

Also this case:
http://www.directron.com/cslx6a19bl.html

is internally the same as the antec slk-3700 and it comes without a PSU bundled with it.

ditto, i have one and i love it. but now im trying to watercool it D:

If size and price aren't really an issue, then go for this one at Server Case.

This will be my next case. People say that the airflow isn't that great, but there's an answer for that. It's called modding. :D

Grrrr... Fixed link. Thanks eXCeSS

Last edited:
Back