• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So are Tbred-B cores already unlocked ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jason A

Just wondering because I bought a fry's this weekend (Labor Day), they had for $89 and Xp2400+ and a ECS board.

I figured that's a great deal, plus in the future, I can always MP them on the L5 mod...

Anyways, the ECS boards/BIOS (even the hacked HoneyX) do not allow much in FSB, just like 133,138,143,147,150,166....

and they do not have a multiplier setting.

Anyways, I took pics of my 2 CPU's which are AIXHB.
xp24001.jpg

another shot
xp24002.jpg

If these chips are unlocked, would it make sense to get 2 better boards that allow 1mhz fsb adjustments and multiplier settings ?

THnxs

P.S. If I do change boards, which ones are a cheap alternative?

They're unlocked as you can see none of the L1 bridges are laser cut.

But that new plastic coated packaging will make it harder but not impossible to connect the last L5 bridge for the MP mod. See the larger dark copper lands under the yellow dots? These are the actual bridge lands, not the little dots on the surface. I think all you have to do is fill the last L5 laser cut with some window defogger repair conductive paint or a silver based conductive circuit trace repair ink/paint. CAIG makes a good one called CircuitWriter.

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/s.../mode.items/sc.2/category.174/it.A/id.1770/.f

Last edited:
just currious.....

which one is the L5 bridge ???

looking at the L5 marker...where does the connection get made?

thanxs

The L5s are the row at the bottom right (where there are 3 laser cust in a row)

The first is just to the right of the L12 marker

The last one will be the one closest to the L5 marking

Back