• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2400+ stepping question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it will go to 2.4 - 2.5ghz but you will have to give it alot of volts. It sounds like cooling is not a problem :D

Mine runs no prob at 155x5 w. +5% voltage and sk-7

i noticed that he has PC2100, that might limit you alot.
cuz i have pc2100 and i can barely get 2.2ghz out of it.
if it decides to boot at 2.2ghz (sometimes it does other times not.)
it is not stable at all. Prime 95 stops after 3minutes.

i ran a 2400+ with a gigabyte ga-7vax and i was able to get it up to 2.38 ghz... (with kingston value ram ddr 2100)

edit: i think i had to have memcore at 2 steps up and vcore 3 steps up for stability thou, I ran it at 140x17

Well my ram sucks. It refuses to boot above an FSB of 138. FSB of 139 or above have no chance. 138 tops my FSb. I am looking into upgradign ram but i dont have cash for it. I am low on cash but i want 1 gb of ram. Should i get pc3500 which si mad expensive or get pc3200 and buy it now? Will i see a really big diffrence, ecpecialy if use XMS?

Thanks for the input guys and i see the AIUHB is a good stepping.

the 2400+'s like voltage! Mine will oc to 2.2Ghz on 1.65V then only to 2.412Ghz with 1.85V. Also my ram is crap and is holding back my oc! Oh and it doesn't like booting at anything over 138fsb when I have it set on a 15multi! But at 14 I can go over 172/173fsb!

Back