• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps shooting up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zoilo

Once Bitten, Twice Shy
I'm running my CPU, it goes from an idle of 41°C to a load of 54°C. That's a 13°C difference! I'm concerned because although the room temps are not all that great(in the mid- to upper-80's(°F)) the just is just too much for comfort. I've reseated this thing and reapplied ASC several times already, the HS is lapped, ASC is applied per instructions on webpage, side of my case is off until I get a better intake fan...Oh yeah, HSF is SLK-800A+Smart Fan II. Anything I can do short of modding my case for a side intake or ducting?

IMHO, temps aren't very valuable, and idle temps even less so. The degree of variation between idle and load temps varies drastically between different systems, so I wouldn't worry about it very much. You have obviously been meticulous in preparing your cooling- that and the stability of your system are what matter, far more than temps.

Agreed with Gautam.

I think the culprit, if in fact these temps are accurate, could be pressure. You could try making the clips tighter, however its a risky procedure, as cracked fores may result.

So really, don't do it...

Ffats said:
Agreed with Gautam.

I think the culprit, if in fact these temps are accurate, could be pressure. You could try making the clips tighter, however its a risky procedure, as cracked fores may result.

So really, don't do it...

Yeah, it's hard to make the clips tighter, though. I've already tried, but I don't think I did anything. I am hoping to be able to invest in the U version in the near future.

you don't frighten me; I am mighty!

my temps range from 41°C to 61°C and I've seen it higher!
Still, these are lower than when I was using my MCX4000 Swift-ie.

You gotz anythang to say to that?!?
HUH?!?!
Do ya?

bring tha noise!

Back