• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Custom Watercooling Kit For Around $200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltimateDouche

Simple Question: Whats are the best components i can get for a complete water cooling kit for around 200 bucks?

DTek Customs WhiteWater Al top: 65
Eheim 1250 Pump: 65
Heater Core: 35
8' Clearflex: 10-12

leaves you $$ to buy a reservoir if you want one...personally, i'd go with a T line or if you want a reservoir, use a mayonnaise jar or something...also leaves you $$ for water additive and fans

-peter

and what radiator do you suggest - cuz i dont want a heatcore and what do i need to make a t fitting - i know what they are just dont know what to get to make em

eheims are overpriced. I hear dolphins are great for inline, Danner mags for submerged... Although the mag I have says right on the box "FOR USE INLINE OR SUBMERGED". Also, my viaqua just won't stay silence modded. but most people dont have any problems. And viaqua's are more powerful than eheims at most heads if I recall... and I've had no reliability issues either.

I wouldn't buy a whitewater till all the base issues are worked out. Right now I'd say spend the extra cash and get a cascade, or go cheaper and get a slitedge, tk-4, spiril, maze4, etc.

Cheap:
Chevette (stretch tubing over it) 25$
viaqua 1300 25$
spiril/etc midrange block 50$
Quality T line setup or res 25$
Tubing 5$
Whitewater and distilled 10$
Clamps, mounting stuff, shroud materials etc 25$ (Believe me this is low ball. I've spent over a hundred dollars on trips to the hardware store.)
6.75" 12volted patriot 25$

total 190$

Real good:
Chevette & barbs 30$
Danner/dolphin/other good pump 50$
Cascade 120$
Quality T line setup or res 25$
Tubing 5$
Whitewater and distilled 10$
Clamps, mounting stuff, shroud materials etc 25$ (Believe me this is low ball. I've spent over a hundred dollars on trips to the hardware store.)
6.75" 12volted patriot 25$

290$

Worth it? I'd say so. I've probably spent over 500$ building and modifying my setup, and I can say these things.

1. BUY A NEW RADIATOR! Period. Don't even think about a used one. 25$ is cheap for such an important part.

2. Research your waterblock. I bought a second hand maze 3 because it was cheap. Another thing I say buy new. Block works... but I spent 10$ on a new mounting kit as the screws were trash, and another 10$ on lapping paper, because I'm anal about that and I didn't like the lap job it had. That more than put me over the cost of buying new.

3. Pump. Don't just buy an eheim. Look at their advantages and decide if you feel they are worth the money (75$ shipped for a 1250 or so) Again buy new. In fact buy everything new. You won't save enough buying used to make it worth it.

4. Clamps. I say use screw tightened. They just seem the most reliable to me.

5. fans. No reason to use anything other than 6.75" unless you are tight on space. Period.

6. Plan EVERYTHING! Draw diagrams if you have to. I've made dozens of trips to the hardware store and spent at least 50$ in gas.

7. Measure. I've had to change plans because I couldn't get the face to my computer back on because of the nut holding my radiator in place

You are definitely going to want a heatercore. All of Lithan's suggestions seem very nice to me, although I've snagged similar for a lot less. Here is a Patriot for only $10, and this pump is superior to the other cheaper pumps; it should rival those double its price.

Im including shipping and cost of a 3to 4pinn adaptor to wire it with. And yeah, that's where I buy mine. Here's a tip, grab a panaflo 39cfm and some cheap heatsinks to reach the minimum order.

Last edited:
Back