• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans too loud!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGr8s1

I have 6 Thermaltake Smart Fan 2's in my case that are speed controlled. At low speed settings they are relatively quiet. But my NB fan (mod) and video card fan (mod) are very loud. Both fans are connected to my mobo. (P4C800 Deluxe) Is there a software fan controller for my mobo? I want to minimize noise cuz it bugs me at night.

Options as I see them
1) larger slower fans (deep or wide if you can)
2) passive cooling on the NB and GPU (heat pipes)
3) better air flow case (lower case temp lowers the rest = less fans)
4) and your last resort H2O

TheGr8s1 said:
But my NB fan (mod) and video card fan (mod) are very loud. Both fans are connected to my mobo. (P4C800 Deluxe)
Are these standard three-pin connectors? If so, make or buy a rheobus to control them with. If it's the two-pin connectors, you could still do it with a rheobus if you feel like some soldering. :)

Just buy a zalman heatpipe and put a sk6+ on the northbridge. With decent case flow (6 sf2's should do well if arranged properly). you should not need fans on anything except cpu (assuming you aren't watercooled).

Try Speedfan for the NB fan. I don't think it will help you with the video card fan though.

CChaos said:
Try Speedfan for the NB fan. I don't think it will help you with the video card fan though.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Speedfan is a program that supposedly controls fans connected to your mobo provided the fans and mobo are supported. So if the fan on my NB can be controlled than why can't the fan on my videocard be controlled as well? Afterall my vid card fan is also connected to my mobo.

Back