• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan controllers (real name i dont know:))

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

I was thinking.....why bother having that tornado going at 4800rpm when u are downloading....hehe

anyone know a fan controller thing that can handle the tornado?? :)

thanks

I'm the fargin' Tornado Terminator! Unplug it, unscrew it, and put it in a weapons' cabinet to intimidate competing males.

sorry, all my posts are silly recently... too much milk, I guess.

just find a reheostat (prebuilt for computers or otherwise) and make sure it can handle the Wattage (I thinks the 'nadO draws like a thousand or so). Employing this device should keep the tornado's torque from tipping you case to its side at startup. It's win, win.

Get a sunbeam.... they can definitely handle tornados, or you can get a vantec nexus...

stan03 said:
Get a sunbeam.... they can definitely handle tornados, or you can get a vantec nexus...

My Sunbeam destroyed one of my mobos, it was defective :(

Interestingly I tested it after it blew my mobo and I fired up a PSU with a wire to the green and ground, the Sunbeam couldnt even power a 4watt 50mm fan.

I dunno if my results are isolated but I won't be using another Sunbeam fan controller anytime soon.

Silversinksam said:

My Sunbeam destroyed one of my mobos, it was defective :(

Interestingly I tested it after it blew my mobo and I fired up a PSU with a wire to the green and ground, the Sunbeam couldnt even power a 4watt 50mm fan.

I dunno if my results are isolated but I won't be using another Sunbeam fan controller anytime soon.

how did it fry your mobo? mine works fine for the record

That sucks SSS :(
My Sunbeam has worked great to date and I have had two different boards in this machine.
I am so happy with it in fact that I am thinking about getting another for one of my other machines.

They take 20 watts per channel.
Some users have reported that fans speeds are slightly slower at full speed than they are when directly connected to 12 volt power.

I recommend them.

My speeds are about 300rpm slower at full speed than before, but I don't really care, My sunbeam has been a godsend.

Thanks for all your posts :)

And like u said 300rpm is nothing compared to some peace ;)

Should be here is 1-2 days :D

Back