• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.3 Ghz and beyond w/ Barton 2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

threeputt

Hello everyone,

Those of you who have had overclocked your Barton 2500 w/ the stock HSF (Ajigo), tell me how much your temp dropped from stock HSF to the new one you're using now. Of course, tell me what the brand and model is, along w/ the fan and temps.

I've just got mine to 2.3 GHz w/ stock HSF, but didn't want to push it any higher until I got lower temps. MBM5 says high temp was 53°C during my Prime95 torture test.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I never even thought about using the stock hsf, I would really consider getting something but that is a very nice o/c for a stock hsf. I used an SLK800 with Tt sf2 before I went water and my temps were in the mid 40s load if I remember right.

Stock heatsink and fan = paperweight. I'm running a Thoroughbred @ the speed and volts in my signature.

For decent cooling and much better temperatures, get a Thermalright heatsink. Current favourites are the SLK800/900, but these are pricey so you could go with the cheap SK-7, and an 80mm YStech fan to go with it. You will then be able to get much better overclocks out of that chip because you will be able to run much more voltage through it without it overheating. I would say that I would drop a whole load of degrees should I switch to better cooling.

49c and that's prime95 load.:)

Threeputt is that 53c you getting socket or diode?And what vcore you useing?

When I had my barton 2500 at first I used the included reatail heatsink. With no overclocking at stock I had like 65C. With a little bit of fsb overclocking and no voltage increase I got into to the 73C to 76C range. I now use a TT volcano 9 coolmod at full speed. Overclocked to 2270 (13.5x167?) at 1.975 volts at 56C. All of my temps were taken under very high cpu load. I have no problems with 56C becasue that is still lower than the AMD heatsink. I wish I could overclock more but my cpu has stoped respond to voltage increases and is only becoming more unstable as I push the voltage higher (temps are still okay).

P-nut,

I think it's socket. I'll have to check it out to be sure. And I'm running 1.77V.

EDIT: MBM5 LM90 Remote --> diode temp:)

bluk88,

You got close to 20°C drop. That's great. Did you lap or use AS on your stock HSF? And which retail HSF was it? The smaller one w/ thin fins (Ajigo)?

Last edited:
I used AS3 (obviously removed thermal pad and washed offf remain with 91% isopropyl alchahol) with the Ajigo and AS3 with the Volcano 9 Coolmod (LED wires annoyed me so I ripped them out). No laping anywhere. I use that AMD stock HSF on my dual p3 COPPERMINE system. Those fans don't fit on a tualatin and I can't remove the clip out of the fan to bend it to make it looser. I don't have the guts to decap a tualatin.

EDIT

No lapping, have no time.

i got 2400mhz prime at stock voltage wiht a 2500+
2400prm.JPG

nope it -26c below phasechange. ;) it did 2000mhz at 1.25v and did 2800mhz at 2.03v best 2500+ Ive ever owned and Ive tried over 16 :(

qwerty57,

I'm happy for you that you got a good CPU, but I think you only read the title and jump the gun and posted your result. Read my original post please and maybe you have something to contribute.

qwerty57 said:
nope it -26c below phasechange. ;) it did 2000mhz at 1.25v and did 2800mhz at 2.03v best 2500+ Ive ever owned and Ive tried over 16 :(

Damn over 16 2500+ thats gotta get expensive. Nice O/C though

Back