• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets See If My New PSU Proves To Be Usefull! In Aiding My Overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

We will soon see how much more I can get outa my current CPU. so far, 1467MHz is the highest i can go no matter how high I set the voltage, the CPU just cannot get any more juice from my crummy 300Watt US-Can PSU.

I hope the new Enermax 465W with FC helps me break 1500MHz, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

OC-Master

On the subject of higher OC with Thunderbirds, I'd say Thermalright instead of thermaltake would be useful in squeezing a few extra MHz out of it.

But guaranteed 1700+ is $49 and overclocks to between 2800+ to 3200+. That's twice the Thunderbird 1467 MHz which is Athlon XP PR 1467+.

Are you doing this for your secondary rig or because your mobo can't take T-Breds or for fun?

c627627 said:
On the subject of higher OC with Thunderbirds, I'd say Thermalright instead of thermaltake would be useful in squeezing a few extra MHz out of it.

But guaranteed 1700+ is $49 and overclocks to between 2800+ to 3200+. That's twice the Thunderbird 1467 MHz which is Athlon XP PR 1467+.

Are you doing this for your secondary rig or because your mobo can't take T-Breds or for fun?

Nope!

The only reason I havnt yet gotten a T-bred B is because I am waiting for the prices on the 2100+ to drop to $80 Canadian :D and I want a JIXHB stepping to go along with it.

The 2100+ T-bred B and the 3000+ Barton both have the 13~24X multipliers available unlike the 1700+, 1800+, 2500+ and 2800+ CPUs.

I'm looking at using the 17X Multiplier so that I can hit the 2.50GHz values with the 147MHz+ FSB speeds.

OC-Master

Just so we don't confuse other people who are reading this: all Thoroughbreds and Bartons come factory unlocked, it's just that specific older mobos can't read all of them.

imho it may be very difficult to hit 2.5 GHz with Thermaltake Volcano 7+ and your system.

More realistic expectations are 23xx MHz for any stepping 1700+ T-Bred B or any stepping 2100+ T-Bred B.

With prices being as they are, it would stand to reason to find the absolute cheapest any Thoroughbred B now.

This is because it's worth it to use the computer at 3000+ speeds on daily bases now versus waiting 2 months to save $10-$20.

There are very few people who will actually benefit greatly from that extra 100 MHz meaning that 100 MHz most certainly is not worth waiting a week for let alone months.

All I can say is WOW!

so far, completed over 2 hours of prime at 1500MHz. Before, i wasnt able to even achieve 15minutes at 1500MHz with the old PSU.

I am seeing results! Getting a new PSU sure helps with top overclocks!

OC-Master

Back