• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The orders are coming! The orders are coming! What to expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenTiger

How high should I be able to get with a Chaintech 7NJS Nforce 2 Ultra 400 motherboard, an SK7, Thermaltake CoolMod SmartFan II 2 fan, an Antec 1040b, and an Athlon XP 2100+ Tbred B 0248? Will my CPU handle 2400-2500mhz with this cooling?

The equipment is fine, but you can't get a guaranteed overclock without guaranteed stepping. Your CPU might not get 10mhz.

I will tell you once the parts come in :). It's an AIUHB stepping BTW (was in my sig, but some people might not spot it). I have everything except the Chaintech 7NJS, the SK-7 heatsink, and the fan. They should arrive Friday according to FedEx tracking :).

I have a very similar chip to that (week 50, not 48) and before I moved and my ambient temps went in the toilet I was probably maxing out around 2400. Doesn't mean you can't hit 2500 with a little more voltage but I would be suprised if you did.

You'll just have to try it out. I'd say that 2200-2400 is the norm. 2500+ is really good.

My 2100 needs 1.9v@2400 and really could use a bit more for stability. That's a lot of voltage.

Why you bought the chaintech ? They are not good overclockers, just like this 2100+. If i were you, i'd buy Abit NF7-S and 1700+. They have better chances for o/c

Back