• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 1700+ w/ a Volcano7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SinsFeelNatural

I just got my 1700+ JIUHB and installed it, used AS3 and the same Volcano 7+ HSF that I was using on my 2200+. Dang this chip runs hot. I can't get over 2.1 w/o the system wanting to idle around 55C w/ only a 1.6 VCore. Do you think it's just this lame HSF?

i think the 2200+ were less wattage then the 1700+ ie liek 70watts v 65watts, i think, dont know for sure.

But i went from the same HSF to the zalman flower CNPS 6000 CU, and i lost liek 6c right away, and they are alot quiter then the V7+ even at its low speed.

I have reseated it twice and re-applied Artic Silver 3. Did not do anything to the temps. I think maybe the overclocking is just too much for this HSF. I might just have to scale back until I get a better HSF. I am thinking SLK-900A & Tornado.

Back