• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting over 200fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

w/ my current rig, i am stable at 202fsb w/ 12x multi, vcore 1.800(can prolly go lower w/ vcore), that seems to be the limit

even if i drop the multi. to 10x, i can't even hit 203fsb(won't boot)

is it the ram placement, currently they're in the 2 blue slots(1 and 2 i believe), should i move them to 1 and 3

i've tried loosening the timings, but that does nothing(besides, at current timing, they're supposed to hit 433)

i've even upped the vcore to 1.850 and ram core to 2.7 and still no boot

any suggestions/help would be appreciated

thx in advance

Last edited:
Try to increase the Vdimm higher to 2.8 or 2.9 V (at least for testing if you feel not to run this level of voltage for 24/7) to see whether it helps.

Does the A7N8X rev 2.0 allow you to increase chipset Vdd voltage? If so, increase it would help.

BTW, slots 1 and 2 form single channel memory configuration. Slots 1 and 3, or slots 2 and 3 form dual channel memory configuration. I bring this out not that dual channel would help FSB to go higher, just FYI.

The rest of your hardwares (memory, PSU, ...) looks good for a good overclocking system. A SLK-800U would help further for the last few % of CPU overclocking.

I agree with hitechjb1, up your VDIMM. 2.5V is standard for PC2100/PC2700(?) DIMM's. It is advised to use higher voltages on higher speed DIMM's.
Currently I use 2.7V on DIMM's @ 200MHz and it run's just fine.

I am able to run 220MHz but I need my R134 replaced with R404a or R507 so my eveporator temp won't get to high. Just FYI ;-)

you prob need better Northbridge cooling if you're still using stock you might wannna replace that pink gum stuff and replace it with AS3.. then you might wanna put a small fan on that and im sure it'll allow you to hit higher fsbs

yeah, put as3 on northbridge while back, and stuck my tt volcano 10+ fan on the heatsink, plus i slapped a heatsink on the southbridge, trust me, cooling is not the problem, i pass about 300cfm through my computer as well, yes, it sounds like a vaccum cleaner, but in texas during the summer, have to, at night i'm able to turn it down though(thank you hardcano)

anyways, i'm going to flash to the new bios, 1006 tonight, and see if that does the trick(i'm also acting as guinea pig in the asus motherboard threads), hoping the new bios will allow for higher fsb, also hoping they add a chipset voltage option

wish me luck

For the chipset Vdd option in the bios, you may have to use the Uber version of the bios (if it exists for rev 2.0 board).

For rev 1.04 A7N8X-DLX, I have been using the Uber bios and it has the Vdd chipset option.

ok, i downloaded the new bios, but i can't seem to download awdflash, so, how am i supposed to flash the bios???

woohoo, got new bios in(1006), everything went smoothly, now all i need to do is test some settings, get back w/ you all

i am so in such a good state of being right now, i just set fsb to 203, and it worked, of course, that's just one more mhz, but it would never do that before, time to see how far this baby can go w/ the new bios!!!

can i get a WOOT!!!!???!!!!

well, w/ the new 1006 bios, i was only able to get that one extra mhz on fsb, and 12mhz extra overall, but hey, it's worth it, runs stable on prime for 8 hours, now i'm at work letting it run for a while longer, hopefully still running when i get back

yay, i did it, i'm currently at 222fsb!!!! i picked up the 1005uber bios, was able to up the memory voltage to 2.9v, and best of all, it has the chipset voltage which i changed from 1.6v to 1.9v(chipset voltage on an asus a7n8x dlx 2.0, how about that)

very stable, i can go to 223, a little less stable, and 225 is even more unstable

new 3dmark03 score of 6384!!! W00T!!!! haven't run 3dmark2001se yet, gonna let prime run all night and tomorrow

i have definitely hit a wall due to vcore, even w/ this uber bios, the limit is still 1.850, so i can't do 11.5x multi. seems to not want to hit the 2.5gig mark, so i might still consider getting the nf7-s

temps are awesome, cpu under load only hits 41c and idles at 35c and mobo ranges from 24c to 26c

thanx, i'm happy, but i have a question

my memory is currently running in single channel, and can run in dual channel, is it better to run in dual channel, or will it cut down on my fsb overclock?

you might have to relax timings on the ram to get it to run in dual channel, maybe drop a couple fsb.

i had to relax the timings to get that high in single channel mode

was 8-3-3-2.5T

now 11-3-3-2.5T

just wanted everyone to know i completed my volt mod successfully, now at 2.064 - 2.08, will fill you all in on what i'm able to push my processor to w/ new voltage

just before mod i had passed prime95 over 8 hours before i stopped it w/ settings at 218X11 w/ 1.850 vcore

Back