• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW!! ThermalRight SLK-947U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slater3333uk

so it will fit some mobos which had a problems with the slk-900

Hopefully it'll work with Abit's KX7-333 board :eek:

If indeed it does, I better start saving money...anyone heard of any retailers that might have it in the UK? (and the UK price as well?)

the 800U and the 947U is a big difference in price for a small difference in performance i dont see why you're so disappointed

It seems almost identical to the slk-900A/U heatsink.... I'm surprised that they didn't do a bit more to change it since they were gonna come out with a whole nother product.

There's probably going to be little increase in performance, if any at all, over a 900. From the looks of it, they just made this "version" of a 900 to be a little smaller in some places and compatible with more motherboards.

it has the same mass and the mounting system has been changed a little from what i've read.

stan03 said:
what is the performance gain going to be compared to a 900U?
It sounds like it'll be insignificant (fractions of a degree) for AMD systems, possibly a few degrees for Intel.

I think carnil is right it looks like the revisions that have been made are to make it slighly easyer to fit and maybe a bit better on p4. Theres no real reason to expect better performance :(

look closer. see, theres a slight two-degree change in the angle of that fin to allow for better clearance on some motherboards.... :p

According to their website, the SLK900 is L99 x W59 x H45 (mm) Top, without fan while the slk947 is L96 x W86 x H45 (mm) Fin only, without fan. I had the slk900 and even with a 80mm fan, it hangs over the sides. If the width of the slk947 is 86mm, then most of the air coming from a 92mm fan should help cool the hs, which was not the case for the slk900. Does this translate to better cooling? Hopefully oc will review it soon to let us know.

Back