• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experience required: 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

So I just bought a 1700+ (JUIHB:0319VPMW) DLT3C. I have NF7-S board but I only have PC2700 ram at the moment. So I was wondering what kind of Overclock I can look forward to? I'm probably going to get some OCZ PC3500EL sometime in the near future as well and was also wondering what I can except with that, cooling aside, as it shouldn't be a problem.

-Thanks, Overcrocked.

test out your 1700 by using the 133FSB 1st...
just use default vcore and raise the multiplier until you can't boot stable...

then raise the vcore one step to see if you can get into you bootup in windows...

keep following this method until you get to your max speed on the cpu and max vcore...
WRITE EVERYTHING down on paper so you can keep track of it.

not only by doing this, you keep track of what voltages were used during your set up, but you can then make adjustments as you go up onto the 166FSB or 200FSB when your DDR ram modules allow you to do so.

Yea, 2X256 PC2700 at the moment. Although it's not in DC mode because I didn't put the computer together and the guy put the sticks in slots 1 and 2 so I'm gonna change it when I get the chip.

are they (pc2700) same make/manufacturer? or different generic brand? reason I ask, is that this will eventually make a difference in trying to get your cpu/mobo up and running.

be advised/aware that when installing winxp(pro), you may experience BSOD or instability... clock everything down to default and with 1 stick in slot 1, to get your system up and running... Bios 10 is what I'm running at the moment for version 2.0 nf7-s... I've heard bios 18 may be as good to oc, but this one has given me best results at the moment.

I've used local/best buy/compusa and OCZ pc2700 and 3200 generic brand mem mods, and it was hell getting just winxp to install correctly. bought the Corsairs and have never looked back.

I'm using bios 17 right now, I heard it's better than 18 but I have a newer board and I don't think I can get it down to Bios 10, plus Bios 10 isn't exactly the safest Bios. Anyways, I don't think I'll have any problems with the ram. I'm not gonna be able to hit the higher FSBs til I get some better stuff though.

bios is what bios does.... set of instructions programmed for the eprom/cmos... again, it's all up to you to program it... Rule of thumb, if what you have now works fine, then don't update the bios for the sake of updating... I know this very well. My mobo came with bios 12 when I bought it. jumped onto 13, 14, and 17. none of which was stable enough for my taste... (fsb 230mhz and above) bios 10 did the trick for me, and that's been my experience. Your board is capable of bios 10 or any bios programmed correctly by following the instructions for bios update.

By putting in any cpu, you won't have to do any re-install of windows. I mistakenly assumed this was a new install with a new cpu. sorry about that confusion.

Thanks for the advice. I guess, I may have to try some different bioses, but I heard 17 is good and I've overclocked my 2000+ A to decent speeds with it. 190fsbx10 with PC2700 @ 10-3-3-2.5 for a 2000+ (rock stable) is quite good in my books. I may be able to go higher but I doubt by much.

-Overcrocked

see sig for possiblilties with OCZ PC3500EL. 233 at 2-2-2-6

With good aircooling you may be able to hit 2.4+ ghz with your setup. Obviously your FSB will be limited probably well below 200 with your mem. Just use a higher multi to make up the difference until you upgrade.

Hit 2.4ghz PC2700 , nice. Even if it is by multiplier. Also. I have a Volcano 7+ with a thermal ducting mod and 4 case fans. My system is really claustrophobic right now but I'm getting a bigger case with 4 more fans; heating shouldn't be a problem (it's starting to get cold here so my ambient temps should decrease a bit as well).

Last edited:
Blah, I can get my FSB to 190 stable but I have it at 185 right now at 2.5-3-3-10. Like I mentioned above.

Last edited:
you're looking at 3-4-4-11 or 2.5-5-5-13 to get your pc2700 ram stable for 200FSB. 2.4GHz is a great OC for that chip. Congrats.!
:D

0310XPMW has been doing great with about midz 2.4GHz being reported around here. mine is a 0319 XPMW that I got from SVC awhile back... don't know what the VPMW might do, but it's all a gamble... with your system, I could expect 2.4GHz without hesitation.

Back