• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does this REALLY WORK??!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sure it might work, but why go through all that trouble?

A good intake and outtake fans will do the same job. abiet the noise level, if you can tolerate it.

Well, it will do what it does. And what it does is not very much from an overclocking perspective. If you do a search of the cooling forum (search titles only) for duct or ducting you will see what other people have found from similar case mods. Also, if you already have the tools and skill to cut into your case, you can just buy a piece of ducting and a roll of tape for more like $10 and do it yourself.

lol, i like how they show about a 15 degree difference in load temps in the before/after graph. must not have had decent air flowing through that case before eh? how clever of them. :rolleyes:

however.. Yes, a duct can work very well if your case is hot inside, if your case temps are just a few degrees over ambient, as they should be, then you will not see much improvement from a duct.

J.

I agree. If you have good case cooling already, you will not see much improvement by adding a cooling duct. My system temp reported by the mobo is only about 2C higher than the ambient temp in my office.

Back