• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who cools for more than the price of the CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dippy_skoodlez

Alright.. from another thread.. Who pays more to COOL your CPU than you actually paid for the CPU??? :D Just wondering how many people actually do.. he he.. Ill start: (dont know how to make polls ;) )
CPU:
$42 athlon 1700+ and $40 ECS k7s5a w/mounting holes (yes it does have em!! :D )

Cooling (coming ;) )
$47 SLK-947 U
$15 Vantec Tornado

DUDE ! ! !!

where did you get the slk-947 from ? an how did you manage to fit it to your mobo? I thought the 947 were only for the intel P4??

nice job btw.

No.. they are on heatsinkfactory.com just came out.. Im ordering it soon.. my mobo has mounting holes atleast.. it says it should work on AMD's.. they just expanded the base so it fully covers CPU's with an IHS.

This may not be the same 947u that I inicially saw on a review site... the 947u has heat tranfer pipes built into the base and onto the fins. the one on heatsink factory doesn't show the pipes. just so you know.

50$ athlon 1700+ JIUHB 0251

ummm a whole lot for watercooling. Around 400$ (after more math... closer to 450$ now)

I already have a slk900u... so, I'll take the wait and see advise and wait for the sp-94 to come to the AMD mobos.... that's a cooler to be reckoned with ! ! !

$59 USD for xp1700 0319 fm SVC.com
$19 USD for Tornado F5 92mm (119CFM)
$47 USD for SLK-900u

130USD for 2.535GHz TBred, learning to sign language after
loosing my hearing from the tornado..... PRICELESS !

I have a 2100+ tbred ($70)
Vantec HSF ($30)
2x thermaltake 80mm ($20)
2x thermaltake 60mm ($10)
2x blue LED fans ($20)

Knowing that you overclock (priceless :) )

Back