• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghetto mod on my SLK900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBJGH

Ghetto mod on my SLK800a

The retention clips are convenient when removing the fan from the heatsink for quick removal and replacement but a real pain for other stuff.

I had to do some cutting, taping and use a plastic tie to make put this ghetto project together:

duct.jpg

Do you think the temps would be affected that much? Idle temp is 38c now... I thought the air would help cool the mobo and northbridge a bit.

Whoa! That is definitely a ghetto mod! Did it help temps at all? Do you have a side window so you can see that monster????

Temps are fairly good at 2405mhz... Idle: 38/27c cpu/mobo.

Window? I wouldn't want anyone to see that!

I was thinking about a 120mm to 80mm fan adapter and hooking my Stealth 120mm fan to her to see what would happen... :)

Mystypiy said:
Whoa! That is definitely a ghetto mod! Did it help temps at all? Do you have a side window so you can see that monster????

Man, I have done some much ghetto... You should have seen my OZC Goliath, I tore it apart and cut up an 80mm-60mm converter, and a fan to put on an 80mm delta, but its gone now:D

I too wanna know if it helped.

LBJGH said:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

I was thinking about a 120mm to 80mm fan adapter and hooking my Stealth 120mm fan to her to see what would happen... :)

That's what I'd like to do. :D

My 130cfm Nidec Beta5 fans would sure move some
serious air through there. :)

Where's the cheapest place to buy the so called "ducting mod"?
The best price I can find is $5.95 (+ $4 shipping) from ENPC.com.

Do you think the 80-120mm fan adapter would fit on there?

ThanX! :)

Last edited:
Susquehannock said:

That's what I'd like to do. :D

My 130cfm Nidec Beta5 fans would sure move some
serious air through there. :)

Where's the cheapest place to buy the so called "ducting mod"?
The best price I can find is $5.95 (+ $4 shipping) from ENPC.com.

Do you think the 80-120mm fan adapter would fit on there?

ThanX! :)

I like the 190CFM Delta 120mm ones...

LBJGH said:
Here is the fan... but I can't find the specs on it. The model number is C33211-71A

That's strange.
All the 120mm fans on the Nidec spec pages start with the letter "B".
The one I use is #B34262-34

HERE* is the
Nidec spec page if you like.

After doing a search I came up with THIS* page which sells that model
(C33211-71A) fan for $2 used.

Last edited:
Back